This is a sponsored post by Mattel™, but opinions are all my own.
Barbie™ is starring in a new movie, Barbie™ & Her Sisters in the Great Puppy Adventure, this fall! My girls and I had the opportunity to preview the adorable movie this weekend. To make the party more fun, we baked these treasure map cupcakes! You’ll see just why we made treasure map cupcakes below.
What could be more fun than treasure, puppies, adventure, Barbie™, and a cupcake treasure map?
My girls were on the edge of their seats as Barbie™ and her little sisters searched for a buried treasure that could save their hometown. The movie was especially exciting for my 4 girls, since this movie is about Barbie™ and her 3 sisters. They could really identify with the family dynamics. In fact, since watching the movie my girls love pretending to be Barbie™, Skipper™, Stacie™, and Chelsea™ on their own treasure hunt!
I love how the movie places so much importance on sisterhood, and each girl using her individual talents to aid in the search for treasure. The adorable talking puppies (and their equally adorable personalities) add to the adventure and fun. Puppies make everything better, right!?
Barbie™ & Her Sisters in the Great Puppy Adventure is now available in Digital HD on iTunes and will be available on DVD and Blu-ray™ October 27. You can get the movie at Walmart, Amazon, Toys “R” Us, Target, or on iTunes and Amazon.
We created these fun Treasure Map Cupcakes for our Barbie & Her Sisters in the Great Puppy Adventure movie watch party.
The Cupcake Treasure Map Cupcakes are super simple to create.
- a box of cake mix
- a can of vanilla frosting
- a box of vanilla wafers
- black gel icing
- your favorite color of decorator icing
- Using the cake mix, follow the directions to make cupcakes.
- Ice the cupcakes with the vanilla frosting
- Crush about 20 vanilla wafers. (You can use a food processor, or simply place the cookies in a large ziplock bag and roll over them with a rolling-pin until the cookies are well crumbled.)
- Sprinkle the top of the iced cupcakes with the vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Place the cupcakes in a rectangle.
- Use the black icing mark an ‘X’ on one cupcake.
- Use your favorite color icing draw paw prints in a trail leading to the ‘X’