Would you believe that I didn’t like Guacamole until last year? It turns out that there is good guacamole… and BAD guacamole! Once I tasted GOOD guacamole there was no turning back, I had to figure out how to make it myself!
After several failed attempts, and even more mediocre ones, I finally found a combination my whole family loves every single time.
Today I want to share my favorite, super simple guacamole recipe with you!
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 Lime
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Roma Tomato
- 1/8 c. cilantro
- 1/8 c. chopped onion
- Salt to taste
- Cube 2 avocados and place in a small bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of one small lime onto the avocado, and gently mash the avocado with a fork to desired consistency.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- Chop the following: Roma tomato, jalepeno, onion, and cilantro.
- Toss all the chopped ingredients into the bowl with the avocado.
- Mix the guacamole gently.
- Add salt to taste (trust me add a lot!)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 716 Total Fat: 60g Saturated Fat: 9g Sodium: 39mg Carbohydrates: 51g Sugar: 9g Protein: 10g
This guacamole recipe, plus taco night makes my entire family very happy! We love guacamole the traditional way, on chips. But we also love adding guacamole to our tacos, especially to these fun taco boats. No more adding so much yumminess to my tortilla that I can’t close it or fit it into my mouth! Now I can load up my taco boat with all.the.yumminess!
Get a coupon for these fun taco boats here. And enter the giveaway below for $10 Paypal Cash for your own taco night fun!
This sweepstakes is open to US resident over the age of 18.
It starts right now and ends August 2o, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST.