I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for AVEENO® Eczema Therapy. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Dry itchy skin and winter often go hand in hand. One of my daughters has battled eczema since she was a baby. Since October is National Eczema Awareness Month and 30 million people in the United States live with eczema, I thought I’d share some of the things that help my daughter deal with her dry, itchy skin. As a toddler, we resorted to prescription creams to battle her red flaky skin. Thankfully, these days staying on top of few simple things is enough to soothe her itchy skin- and even prevent the previously constant flare ups.
- Take less frequent baths
- Use lukewarm water
- Stay in long enough to hydrate the skin (water crinkled skin is a good thing!)
- Use AVEENO Baby Eczema Therapy Soothing Bath Treatment with colloidal oatmeal skin protectant in the bath to really soothe skin and seal in the moisture.
- Apply lotion immediately after bathing
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Use AVEENO Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream after every bath and frequently during the day, especially on those spots prone to eczema flare ups. We pay special attention to Rebekah’s hands and insides of her elbows.
- Remember to also moisturize after each hand wash. Keep AVEENO’s Eczema Therapy Hand Cream right beside the hand soap so your child doesn’t forget to moisturize after hand washing.
- Keep a tube of lotion or hand cream in your child’s backpack, and/or in your purse for on the go moisturizing.
- Choose loose, cotton clothing when ever possible
Watch ALL products that touch your child’s skin
- Choose bath products, lotions, and hand soap carefully. Look for fragrance free, sensitive skin products. I know I choose AVEENO products whenever I can knowing that have the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance for containing gentle and superior ingredients.
- Choose a free and clear laundry detergent.
- Wash all new clothing (or new to you hand-me downs) before your child wears them.
- Choose cleaning products carefully. Your child’s skin touches the surfaces you clean- the tub, the counters, the table, the carpet… choose natural, fragrence-free, and gentle cleaners!
Suffering from eczema isn’t easy- but these simple steps really help soothe and prevent those itchy flare ups. Visit AVEENO to learn more about eczema and ways to treat and prevent its symptoms. Learn how to use AVEENO® Eczema Therapy products to help break the cycle of irritated skin.