You can’t go wrong with a pumpkin donut to start your morning this fall! These cake mix pumpkin donuts are not only delicious but also easy to make!
Making donuts from scratch isn’t usually easy. But, this simple recipe makes the easiest donut ever! With the help of this simple three-ingredient pumpkin donut recipe with its two-ingredient glaze, you can prepare a batch of fresh donuts for your family in a matter of minutes!
These simple pumpkin cake mix donuts are made using a handful of simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen right now!
Just mix up the pumpkin cake mix donut batter, bake, and prepare the simple glaze to put together a delicious fall breakfast that everyone in the family will love.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
With 5 simple ingredients and a few minutes in the kitchen you’ll be able to serve scrumptious cake mix pumpkin donuts for breakfast any day of the week!
How to make Cake Mix Pumpkin Donuts – the easy way!
(scroll to the end for a printable recipe!)
First gather your ingredients. All you need is a box of cake mix, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree and a container of cream cheese frosting.
(You’ll need a donut pan for baking the donuts.)
Get ready to make the donuts by preheating your oven and greasing your donut pans.
Whisk the cake mix and pumpkin pie spice together.
Add the pumpkin puree and mix well.
Pour the batter into a gallon storage bag and snip the end the bag off.
Pipe the donut batter into your donut pans.
Bake the donuts, then allow them to cool in the pan for a few minutes.
Transfer the donuts to a wire rack. While the donuts cool, prepare the glaze.
For the glaze simply heat the frosting in the microwave until it is melted. Then stir in the pumpkin pie spice.
Dip each donut into the pumpkin pie spice glaze, then return them to the cooling rack to allow the icing to harden.
That’s it! So easy, right!?
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- Ingredients for the Glaze:
- 1 container of cream cheese frosting
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and grease two donut pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the cake mix and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
Add the pumpkin puree and stir until the ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the batter to a gallon size bag and cut the corner off one end. Pipe the mixture into your donut pans.
- Bake the donuts for 8 to 10 minutes, until the donut springs back when pressed with your finger.
- Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for five minutes, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- When the donuts are cool, prepare the glaze by heating the icing in the microwave in 15 second intervals until melted. Add the pumpkin pie spice and whisk to combine.
- Dip each donut in the glaze and return it to the wire rack to cool.