As parents, we like to think we know our kids pretty well. But there’s always something new and exciting we can learn about our children.
The summer is the perfect time to spend some time getting to know your kids on a deeper level. And if you’re searching for fun ways to get an insightful conversation going with your kids this summer, conversation starters are a great option.
These interesting questions can help spark a conversation with your kids.
So, the next time you’re searching for a way to pass the time this summer, try one of these 20 fun conversation starters to get your kids talking. You’ll find a free printable checklist with these conversation starters at the end of this post.
- If you could make up your own holiday, what would it be? How would you celebrate?
- If you had a robot for a day, what would you want it to do?
- What do you think about before you fall asleep?
- Have you ever laughed so hard you snorted? What made you laugh?
- Who is you best friend? Why?
- What’s your favorite chore? Which chore do you hate to do?
- What is your favorite day of the week? Why?
- If you found $100 on the sidewalk, what would you do with it?
- How many books do you think you have read? What is your favorite kind of book?
- If you made up your own game, what would the rules be?
- Could you go an entire day without talking? Why or why not?
- If you could design your own zoo, what kid of animals would you include? Which ones would you leave out?
- If you were elected president, what laws would you change? Would you make any new laws?
- What toppings would you add to create the greatest ice cream sundae in the world?
- What would you do if one day you were the parent and mom and dad were the kids?
- If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would you choose? Why?
- If you were in charge of planning our summer vacation, where would we go? What would we do when we got there?
- What is your favorite place in town to visit during the summer? What do you like about it?
- If you could create a new class in school, what would it be? Who should be the teacher?
- If you could do one thing every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Download your free printable summer conversation starter checklist.