Since Cat in the Hat is in nearly every young child’s library, these adorable Cat in the Hat Cupcakes are a fun and delicious way to celebrate Dr. Seuss Day.
These cupcakes are easy enough to make with your children, which is my favorite kind of party food!
Grab your kids and make these super cute Dr Seuss Day Cat in the Hat Cupcakes!
Cat in the Hat Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 small box strawberry gelatin
- 1 tub whipped topping
- 15 bananas
- 3 pounds strawberries
- Preheat the oven according the cake mix instructions and line a mini cupcake can with red and white cupcake liners.
- Make cake mix according to package directions.
- Separate the cake mix evenly into two bowls.
- Add the strawberry gelatin to one bowl and stir to combine.
- Spoon a teaspoon of plain white cake mix into each cupcake liner. Tap the pan on the counter to make sure the cake mix is even.
- Spoon a teaspoon of strawberry flavored cake mix on top of the white cake mix in each cupcake liner.
- Bake the cupcakes according the package instructions. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Top each cupcake with a small dollop of whipped topping.
- Assemble the Cat in the Hat cupcake toppers by slicing all the strawberries and bananas into evenly thick slices. Then, stack the fruit, alternating between bananas and strawberries, on a toothpick. Be sure to leave half of the toothpick exposed on the bottom.
- Assemble the cupcakes by sticking the toothpick into each cupcake.
(Makes 48 mini cupcakes)
So cute aren’t they? My favorite part is definitely that they are easy enough for children to help create!