When it comes to party food, I’m a fan of easy, delicious, and cute. These Ladybug Cookies definitely fit that description. Simply grab a package of already made chocolate cookie dough, or whip up a batch of your favorite chocolate cookie recipe and then get started creating these easy and adorable Ladybug Cookies!
These cookies could be called “Love Bug Cookies” and served at a Valentine’s Day gathering. Or make them with your daughter and her friends at her next playdate or sleepover party. The party possibilities for these adorable cookies are endless!
- Chocolate Cookie Dough
- Red Melting Chocolate
- White Melting Chocolate
- Candy Eyes
- Black Gel Decorating Icing
- Start by rolling your cookie dough into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Baking according to instructions and let cool completely.
- Melt down your red chocolate. Place it in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring frequently until melted down.
- Dip half of your cooking in the red chocolate and lay on a cookie sheet to set, as shown.
- Melt down your white chocolate in the same way.
- Dip the back side of your candy eyes into the chocolate and place them on the top of the cookie. Let harden and set, as shown.
- Once all chocolate is set and hardened, decorate your red chocolate portion of the cookie with the black gel icing. I decorated mine as a lady bug, as shown.
- Serve and enjoy!
So cute and easy aren’t they! If you love ladybugs be sure to check out these adorable Love Bug Cupcakes too!