These delicious Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes taste like summertime!
These light and fluffy orange flavored cupcakes with creamy vanilla frosting are perfect for a summertime treat!
The cupcakes are moist and fluffy with that refreshing, sunshine taste only citrus can give!
The refreshing flavor of orange in the cupcake, paired with a fluffy vanilla cream frosting make these cupcakes reminiscent of orange creamsicle popsicles.
These delicious orange creamsicle cupcakes are sure to be a family favorite! Whip a batch up for your next summer gathering!
Orange Creamsicle Cupcake Recipe
(you’ll find a printable recipe card at the end of this post)
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- orange zest
- fresh orange juice
- orange extract
- vanilla extract
- unsalted butter
- powdered sugar
- milk or heavy cream
- clear vanilla extract
Preheat your oven and fill a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
Make the batter by whisking the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, setting them aside for later.
In another large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the eggs, one at a time.
Now, mix in the orange and vanilla extracts, the orange juice, and the zest.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture, alternating the addition of dry ingredients and buttermilk.
Beat until well combined. This cupcake batter is a thin batter.
Bake the cupcakes and cool them completely. While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting.
Simply cream the butter and powdered sugar, then add the milk or heavy cream and vanilla extract. Beat the frosting until it’s light and fluffy.
Finally, frost your cupcakes and garnish them with an orange slice, orange candies, or orange sprinkles.
- 2 ½ cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar, white granulated
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons orange extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6-8 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and fill a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl (flour, baking powder, soda and salt), set the bowl aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in orange and vanilla extracts, orange juice and zest until well combined.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, alternating with buttermilk.
- Beat until well combined, (batter will be thin).
- Divide into cupcake liners, filling each about ⅔ full
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool completely and frost