Cotton candy homemade ice cream… need I even say more? I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited to share a dessert with you than this one!
Cotton candy + ice cream = summer dessert perfection.
So delicious, you’ll want to make batch after batch. And best of all, this easy homemade ice cream doesn’t require an ice cream maker at all!
Before this summer I didn’t even realize that no churn ice cream existed. You will need to plan ahead a bit for this dessert, since it is no churn ice cream. It works by using chilled ingredients and then placing the ice cream mixture in the freezer over night (or for at least 8 hours) before serving.
When you make ice cream without an ice cream maker you’ll end up with a soft serve ice cream consistency, which I love.
Here’s how to make Homemade Cotton Candy Ice Cream:
First gather and prep your supplies. To make no church ice cream, you’ll need to be sure that all of your bowls, pans, cooking utensils and ingredients are very cold when you start mixing. This is the most important step, and cannot be skipped!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Place a loaf pan (or the container of your choice) in the freezer at least 30 minutes before you begin mixing ingredients. Also place the bowl and whisk you’ll use in the freezer at the same time.
Heavy whipping cream – be sure to buy heavy whipping cream and place it in the coldest part of your refrigerator (or even in the freezer for several minutes) to ensure that it is very cold before you begin.
Sweetened condensed milk – Store the can of sweetened condensed milk in the refrigerator to ensure it is very cold before you begin. If you forget, pour the milk into a freezer safe container and place it in the freezer while gathering the other supplies and ingredients.
Cotton candy flavoring – Cotton Candy Flavoring can be found in the baking section at most craft stores, in the candy making area, or online.
Food coloring– You can add pink and blue food coloring to really get a cotton candy appearance, however, you can also skip food coloring all together if you’d prefer.
Cotton Candy Ice Cream Instructions
Once your supplies and ingredients are very cold you’ll beat the whipping cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
In a medium bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and cotton candy flavoring.
Very gently fold the milk mixture into the whipping cream.
If you’d like to have pink and blue cotton candy ice cream, separate the mixture into two different bowls. Color one bowl pink and the other blue.
Remove the loaf pan, or container you’ve chosen, from the freezer and drop the ice cream mixture by spoonfuls into the container- alternate spoonfuls of pink and blue.
Freezer the container overnight.
Serve and enjoy!
- 2 cups very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk, cold
- 2 teaspoons cotton candy flavoring ** see notes
- Food coloring in pink and blue( optional)
- Place loaf pan or container in freezer at least 30 minutes before you begin
- Place bowl and whisk in freezer at least 30 minutes before you begin
- Be sure whipping cream and condensed milk are very cold
- In a large bowl or stand mixer bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and cotton candy flavoring until smooth
- Gradually add milk mixture to whipping cream by GENTLY folding into whipped cream
- If you'd like pink and blue cotton candy ice cream, divide mixture into 2 separate bowls (it will be about 3 cups each)
- Color one bowl of mixture with pink and one with blue
- Remove container from freezer and drop ice cream mixture by spoonfuls into the container
- Freeze overnight
- Serve with cotton candy on the side if you like
*This homemade ice cream is very soft and melts quicker than store bought ice cream.
**Cotton Candy Flavoring can be found in the baking section at most craft stores, or in the candy making area.
***You can also add sprinkles if you like.