Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to shower your kids with extra love. As a busy Mom, I often have plans of elaborate Valentine’s Day letters, activities, and sweets for my children, but I rarely find the time to put that plan in action. This year I have a list of easy ways to show love ready for that inevitability!
As much as prickly tweens and little boys pretend that Mama’s love is embarrassing and gross, deep down they want to be reminded of that love. On Valentine’s Day, while displays of affection are acceptable, choose several of these easy ways celebrate Valentine’s Day with your kids.
Easy Ways to make Valentine’s Day Special for Your Kids
- Place post-it notes with things you love about your child around the house – on the bathroom mirror, in her sock drawer, on her backpack, etc.
- Slip a note in his lunch box.
- Have a Valentine’s Day breakfast with pink milk or heart-shaped pancakes.
- Write “I love you” on the bathroom mirror with window or white board markers.
- Cut her lunch sandwich in a heart shape.
- Take time at the dinner table to list the things you love about each child.
- Send a special text or email to say I love you during the day.
- Serve a Valentine’s day theme dinner. You could even start with a pink dessert such as a strawberry milkshake or a pink strawberry yogurt parfait. Of simply have children decorate the table with construction paper hearts while Mom cooks.
- Have a Valentine’s Day family movie night.
- Decorate your child’s bedroom door with construction paper hearts. Write something you love about your child on each heart.
- Drink hot chocolate together with whip cream and pink/red sprinkles
- Have a dance party to the love songs from your youth.
- Make a pink smoothie. Blend 1 cup strawberries, 1 banana, 1 cup yogurt, a splash of honey, and 1 cup ice.
- Decorate heart-shaped sugar cookies together.
Take the opportunity to celebrate the amazing love of family this Valentine’s Day with one (or more) of these easy ways to make Valentine’s Day special for your kids. They will remember those special Valentine’s Day moments for a lifetime.
Find even more great Valentine’s Day Family Activities here.