This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PureLifeRippleEffect #CollectiveBias
Life is so busy this time of year. Back-to-school activities and beautiful weather mean a family on the go, go, go! I find it really easy for my family to forget to stay hydrated in this season. With the cooler weather, the children get busy having fun and don’t realize they haven’t had anything to drink for hours. Whether we are running errands or out on an adventure, remembering to stay hydrated is so important!
In a survey* recently conducted by Nestlé® Pure Life® they found that 33% of kids find it hard to remember to drink water without reminders. I know that statement is very true for my family! And you know what, I get busy when I’m away from home trying to keep up with 6 kids and I often forget to remind my children (and myself!) to drink water regularly. At least I’m not alone! The Nestlé® Pure Life® survey* also found that 48% of moms do not regularly remind their child to drink water.How can Moms make drinking up and staying hydrated a priority for their families while on-the-go? Here are some of my favorite easy strategies for making hydration a priority.
- Keep a pack of bottled water in your trunk. Mine is right next to our handy wagon and picnic blanket. When impromptu park afternoons go long, I am prepared!
- Robin Plotkin suggests prepping ahead a week’s worth of bottled water, like Nestlé® Pure Life® Purified Water, for lunches or on-the-go-events at one time. Store in the freezer and remove when needed to stock lunches, backpacks or gym bags. The water will be ready to drink when your child is ready.
- When leaving an event or driving from one location to another, serve your children a water bottle in the car. With nothing better to do, they are likely to drink up and be hydrated before arriving at the next location.
- When packing a cooler for an outing use extra frozen water bottles in the cooler to keep snacks and food cold. Later in the day, the water bottles will be ready to drink.
- If forgetting to stop for a hydration break, is difficult try setting a timer. I find this a great way to also remember to reapply sunscreen!
- Grab easy snacks like pre-packaged peanut butter crackers, and granola bars to serve with Nestlé® Pure Life® bottles for simple on-the-go snacking.
- Use a permanent marker to write the initials of each family member on the cap of a water bottle (or two for a long outing). Everyone gets a full serving of water without the risk of drinking from the wrong bottle and it’s easy for Mom to keep up with who is staying hydrated and who needs a reminder. Plus, the added bonus of not sharing germs!
Establishing healthy habits in early childhood has lifelong benefits-Nestlé® Pure Life® calls this the Ripple Effect. Since reaching for water first is one really healthy habit Nestlé® Pure Life® has committed to provide nearly one million 8 ounce servings of water to kids this school year at over 20 participating schools in select markets across the country through After-School All-Stars.
To help your family Drink Up and be a part of the Ripple Effect – a movement to keep kids hydrated – visit pureliferippleeffect.com and share your tips for healthy hydration using #pureliferippleeffect.
I’ve shared my tricks with you on how we use Nestlé® Pure Life® Water to make hydration on-the-go easy! Do you have any other great ideas for staying hydrated while on-the-go?
You can find Nestlé® Pure Life® at Walmart, visit them on Facebook.
*Online survey conducted in June 2015 of 1,077 moms of kids ages 6-12 overall, including 254 Hispanic moms of kids ages 6-12. 1,077 kids ages 6-12 from the same household were also surveyed, including 254 Hispanic kids ages 6-12. © 2015 Nestlé® Waters North America Inc.