Butterbeer Ice Cream
This delicious, homemade Butterbeer Ice Cream will transport your Harry Potter fan straight to Hogwarts and Diagon Alley.
No Churn Butterbeer Ice Cream is super simple to make and you don’t even need an ice cream maker to make it!
This Butterbeer Ice Cream is perfect for a Harry Potter themed party, or simply to enjoy while watching your favorite Harry Potter movie!
If you are a Harry Potter fan you cannot miss this incredible Butterbeer Ice Cream!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What is Butterbeer?
This is probably a silly question for any Harry Potter fan! Butterbeer appears in the Harry Potter series many times served either in hot foaming tankards or cold in bottles. You’ll find Butterbeer in Diagon Alley at the Leaky Cauldron or in Hogsmeade at the Three Broomsticks Inn and the Hog’s Head Inn.
How to Make Butterbeer Ice Cream
- heavy Cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- butterscotch syrup
- butterscotch chips
- mini chocolate chips
In a large bowl, mix the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
In another smaller bowl mix the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and half of the butterscotch syrup.
Slowly and gently fold the butterscotch mixture into the cream until just combined.
Pour half of the mixture into a loaf pan.
Add about half of the butterscotch and chocolate chips. Drizzle half of the remaining butterscotch syrup on top.
Pour the remaining ice cream mixture on top, then top the ice cream with the rest of the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and butterscotch syrup.
Cover the ice cream with foil and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.
Serve and enjoy!
Butterbeer Ice Cream
Easy and delicious butterbeer ice cream, sure to delight Harry Potter fans!
- 2 cups cold Heavy cream
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butterscotch syrup, divided in half
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip heavy cream on high until soft peaks form.
- In a smaller bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and ¼ cup butterscotch syrup
- Gently fold in half of the butterscotch mixture into the whipped cream.
- Fold in the remaining until well combined but not overmixed.
- Pour half of the mixture into the pan.
- Add butterscotch and chocolate chips.
- Drizzle half of the remaining ¼ cup butterscotch.
- Pour the remaining ice cream mixture on top.
- Top with more butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and drizzle the syrup
- Cover with foil and Freeze for 6-8 hours (overnight) until set.
- Serve and enjoy