Dr. Seuss Day is right around the corner! Are you ready to celebrate?
As if we need an excuse to promote literacy while having a party right? I definitely love an excuse to have fun with my preschool and elementary school kids while reminding them that learning is fun!
These Horton Hears a Who cupcakes are an adorable addition to your Dr. Seuss Day celebration. Gather your kids, your favorite Dr. Seuss books, these yummy cupcakes and get your party started!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
My favorite thing about this cupcakes? They are so simple that your kids can help make them!
Horton Hears a Who Cupcakes
- 6 Prepared Cupcakes
- 1 Container White Frosting
- 6 Dum Dum Suckers (Bubblegum or Watermelon)
- Edible Pink Glitter
- Black Food Coloring
1. Place frosting in a small bowl and add 2-3 drops of black food coloring. Mix well. Add coloring until you are happy with the shade.
2. Place frosting in a piping bag or large plastic bag with corner snipped off.
3. Pipe frosting in a circular motion around a cupcake. Now, starting at the back of the cupcake, take the frosting and make a vertical line down the center. This line represents Horton’s trunk. Repeat step this step on each cupcake.
4. Set cupcakes aside.
5. Dip an unwrapped sucker in water. Shake excess water off and lay the sucker on a plate. Sprinkle on edible glitter, making sure to rotate the sucker as you go.
6. Stick the coated sucker in the end of Horton’s “trunk” so it looks like Horton is holding the truffula tree. Repeat this step for all cupcakes.
After enjoying your Horton cupcakes make these adorable Lorax pencil jars!
Happy Dr. Seuss Day!