While many people make individual goals for themselves at the beginning of the year, you don’t have to put your focus completely on yourself. Although making resolutions for you is a great idea, why not incorporate some new year’s resolutions for your family, too?
Starting the year off with family-oriented goals in mind is a great way to encourage everyone in your family to spend more time together and improve your relationships in the new year.
Start the New Year right with joint family goals!
Fun Family New Year’s Resolutions
Not all resolutions have to be boring goals we set for ourselves. This year, resolve to have more fun together as a family! These fun family resolution ideas are a great way to encourage everyone in your family to enjoy each other’s company and have a little more fun together.
- Take a family vacation together at least one time this year.
- Set a family night each week to watch movies, play board games, or enjoy a night out together.
- Spend more time outdoors when the weather permits.
- Allow each child to pick one family night out each month.
- Schedule a weekly or monthly date night just for mom and dad.
- Learn a new skill or take a class together as a family
- Spend time each month volunteering as a family to give back to your community.
Family Time Resolutions
Spending more quality time together is a great resolution for any family. And with these simple resolution ideas, your entire family will be able to enjoy each other’s company on a regular basis.
- Eat dinner together as a family at the dining room table every weeknight.
- Turn off your phones and electronics during family activities.
- Set aside a time each day to talk about your days with each other.
- Call grandparents at least once per week.
- Have one screen-free day per month to spend time together without distractions.
- Schedule regular family meetings to discuss issues and give everyone a chance to be heard on family issues.
Healthy Resolutions for the Family
Start your new year off right by setting some healthy goals for your family. These health-focused family resolutions are a great way to keep your family healthy all year long.
- Eat less junk food and more healthy meals and snacks.
- Limit recreational screen time to one hour each day.
- Exercise together as a family at least 30 minutes every day.
- Work together to keep the house clean, including being responsible fore your own room and belongings.
- Set a bedtime schedule for each family member to encourage better sleep.
Sit down with your family and decide which New Year’s Resolutions you’d like to work toward together as a family this year!