Rainbow Rice Krispies Treats
Kids will love these delicious Rainbow Rice Krispies Treats! They make a great addition to a Rainbow theme birthday party, St. Patrick’s Day, or anytime you’d like to add some color to snack time!
There are so many great reasons to enjoy a rainbow snack – from a St. Patrick’s Day celebration to the first day of Spring.
These Rainbow Rick Krispie Treats are an easy, no-bake recipe you can whip up with just a few minutes of prep work.
With the help of some food coloring, you can transform plain cereal treats into a rainbow snack your kids will love!
Serve these Rainbow Rice Krispies treats at your next celebration to impress your guests without ever turning on your oven!
How to Make Rainbow Rice Krispies Treats
- rice cereal
- gel food coloring
Place the butter and marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl. What for 30 to 45 seconds.
Remove from the microwave and stir to mix.
Add 3 or 4 drops of red food coloring and stir in the Rice Krispie cereal.
Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and press the first color of Rice Krispie treats down into the pan.
Wash the bowl well, then repeat the previous steps with the remaining colors of the rainbow.
Allow the treats to cool completely, then slice them into 16 squares.
Serve and enjoy!
Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats
These colorful Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike!
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 9 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 9 cups puffed rice cereal, divided
- red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple gel food coloring
- Place 1 tablespoon butter and 1 1/2 cups marshmallows in a medium, microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 to 45 seconds, then stir to mix.
- Add three to four drops of food coloring to the bowl and stir to mix.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups of rice cereal, stirring until all the cereal is completely covered.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and press the first color into the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- Wash the bowl well to remove any leftover food coloring.
- Repeat steps 1, 2, & 3 to create each colored layer of the Rice Krispie Treat, then press the newly made layer onto of the last layer in teh 8x8 pan.
- Allow the bars to cool completely, then slice into squares and serve.