Delicious Italian Dairy Free Bread Recipe
This delicious Italian Dairy Free Bread Recipe is my very favorite to serve for dinner with my family’s favorite pasta dishes.
It is the perfect bread to serve alongside spaghetti or lasagna.
It is absolutely divine when sopping up of the last bits of Alfredo sauce.
When I have company coming over, this is the bread I most often make to serve with a meal.
When eating dairy free, it can seem so difficult to find a really good dairy free bread recipe. Trust me, once you make this Italian dairy free bread recipe you’ll never go searching for another one!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
To make this diary free bread, you’ll want to use your favorite bread making method- whether you use a stand mixer, a bread maker, or make it by hand.
I only make bread using a bread maker- so that’s the method I’m going to describe here. However, you can definitely use this recipe with your favorite bread making method.
When using a bread maker I always choose the dough cycle. I don’t prefer the texture or shape of loaves baked in my bread machine. I love the way this bread looks when I shape the dough into two round loaves, rather than baking it in one big loaf as the bread maker does.
But if you are happy with the way your bread machine bakes, feel free to choose the regular bread cycle and let the machine do it’s thing!
This Italian dairy free bread is perfect for serving alongside Italian dishes. My favorite simple dairy free bread to serve with everything else is this Best Ever Dairy-Free Bread recipe. My whole family loves this bread buttered with jam for breakfast, if I can make a loaf last that long.
If you are looking for dairy free breakfast breads, be sure to try these delicious Chocolate Chip Coconut Cream Muffins too!
Italian Dairy Free Bread
Delicious Italian style dairy free bread!
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2.5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons yeast (or one yeast packet)
- Add all the ingredients to your bread maker in the order that your bread maker recomments. (Usually that will be liquids, salt, then the other dry ingredients. Just be sure to add the yeast last on top of all the other dry ingredients)
- Program the bread maker to the dough cycle and hit start.
- Remove the dough from the bread maker basket.
- Seperate the dough in half, forming two pieces of dough.
- Shape each half into a circle loaf. Place each the ball of dough into a greased pie or cake pan to ensure the bread bakes in a perfectly round loaves.
- Leave the loaves to rise until doubled. Usually 30 mintues to an hour.
- While the dough is rising, preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Once the oven is preheated and the dough is risen, bake the loaves for 30 minutes.
This recipe will work with any bread making method that you choose. Simply use the list of ingredients and then follow your favorite bread baking method!
This recipe make one loaf not two.
If you bake this recipe in the bread maker, it will make one loaves. However if you use the dough cycle, as this recipe recommends, and remove the dough from the bread maker, you’ll split the dough in half into two 9×5 loaf pans in order to make two loaves.