You are sure to have all the luck of the Irish on St. Patrick’s Day with these festive Pot O’ Gold Cupcakes!
Perfect for every St. Patrick’s Day party, these adorable cupcakes are actually easy to make and every single guest will find their own pot of gold at the end of a rainbow!
- vanilla cupcake mix (calls for oil, eggs and water)
- green food coloring
- 2 cans vanilla frosting
- Green food coloring
- Airhead Extreme Candy
- Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups
- Gold sprinkles
- Miniature marshmallows
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand/stand mixer
- Cupcake pans
- Green cupcake liners
- Decorating bag
- Large star decorating tip
1. Preheat your oven according to the cake mix directions and line 2 cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
2. Prepare the cake mix by mixing as directed on the box.
3. Mix in a few drops of green food coloring.
4. Scoop out the batter into your cupcake liners, filling each cup 1/2 way full.
5. Bake following the cake mix directions and allow to cool.
6. Mix your frosting with green food coloring and scoop into a decorating bag with a star tip at the bottom.
7. Frost each cupcake from the center working your way out.
8. Cut the Airhead Extremes into 3.5” pieces and stick each end into the frosting to look like a rainbow.
9. Place 3 miniature marshmallows onto each side of the rainbow.
10. Unwrap the Reese’s, leaving it in the brown cup wrapper and frost the top of the Reese’s cup.
11. Sprinkle the gold sprinkles onto the frosting until covered.Set the sprinnkle covered Reece’s cup on top of the frosted cupcake beside the rainbow.
That’s it! Take these festive Pot o’ Gold cupcakes to your next St. Patrick’s Day party!