This recipe for No Bake Pumpkin Pie in a Jar is a lovely way to enjoy the delicious flavors of traditional pumpkin pie in an easy to serve individual sized dessert.
This Mason Jar Pumpkin Pie is delicious and so very pretty in each little jar. Everyone will love the layers of crunchy gingersnap and graham cookie crust, spiced pumpkin pie filling and silky cream cheese mousse!
If you love pumpkin, you’ve also got to try these super easy pumpkin pie crescent rolls!
This layered no-bake pumpkin pie in a jar recipe makes for adorable individual portions. They’re both beautiful and easy to transport! Perfect for taking dessert to yourThanksgiving gatherings!
Another pumpkin recipes you’ll love: These Spiced Pumpkin Cookies my family begs for as soon as cooler weather hits each fall.
How to a make No Bake Pumpkin Pie in a Jar
Cream Cheese Mousse
- egg whites
- cream of tarter
- granulated sugar
- cream cheese, softened
- mini marshmallows
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- pumpkin puree
- 5brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- pumpkin pie spice
- ground ginger
- ground cloves
- heavy cream
- gingersnap crumbs
- graham cracker crumbs
First make the mousse.
To make the mousse you’ll want a double boiler, or you can make a double boiler by placing a metal bowl above a pot of simmering water. Combine egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar in the large bowl.
Whisk the mixture constantly until the sugar dissolves and the egg whites come to 160 degrees. Remove from heat.
Beat the mixture with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Set the mixture aside.
In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese and vanilla, mixing well.
In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the marshmallows.
Combine the marshmallows with the cream cheese mixture.
Add the egg white mixture, stirring very gently.
Refrigerate for an hour.
Next, make the pie filling.
Combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, cloves, and heavy cream together.
Make the “crust” by mixing the graham cracker and gingersnap crumbs in a small bowl.
Finally assemble the pumpkin pie in small mason jars.
Sprinkle about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the crust mixture in the bottom of each jar. Shake the jar gently to spread the crust evenly.
Drop about 2 tablespoons of the pie filling into the jar. (use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly)
Use a spoon to evenly spread about 2 tablespoons of mousse on top of the pie filling.
Read the layers- crust, pie filling, and mouse so that you have two of each layer in each jar.
To finish top with whipped cream and garnish with remaining crust crumbs or bits of broken cookie.
Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve the layered pumpkin pie jars.
More delicious pumpkin recipes for fall
- Pumpkin Energy Balls
- Iced Pumpkin Donuts
- Glazed Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie Crescent Rolls
- Pumpkin Spice Mocha Bombs
- Cream Cheese Mousse:
- 3 large egg whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- ¾ cup gingersnap crumbs
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- In a large metal bowl, combine egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar. Place the bowl above a pot of simmering water to make a double boiler.
- Whisk constantly until the sugar dissolves and the egg whites come to 160 ° F on a candy thermometer – about 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat mixture with electric mixture (use the whisk attachment if you have one). Start on low and increase the speed gradually to high until soft peaks form – about 5-7 minutes. Set mixture aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the cream cheese and vanilla together until thoroughly incorporated and smooth. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the marshmallows in the microwave. (Microwave for 15 seconds, stir, and then microwave for another 15 seconds. Continue to stir until fully melted.)
- Combine the marshmallows with the cream cheese. Stir until fully combined.
- Add the egg white mixture to the marshmallow mixture in several additions. Making sure to gently fold until well combined. You don’t want to be aggressive while stirring it or you will deflate the marshmallows.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Combine pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, cloves and heavy cream together in a medium bowl. Stir well, and set aside.
- Combine graham cracker and gingersnap cookie crumbs together in a small bowl and drop about 1 1/2 teaspoon in each jar. Shake the jar a bit to spread the mixture around.
- Next, drop in about 2 tablespoons of the pie filling, and 2 tablespoons of the mousse. Use the spoon to spread the mixture a bit if you need to between each layer.
- Repeat the layers with the crumbs, pie filling and mouse to have two of each layer.
- For a finished look, top of with whipped cream and garnish with any remaining crumbs or broken cookies.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.