Over 50 degrees outside in January? I’ll take it!
But, the kids want to play in the snow and build snowmen, so we made indoor snowmen in our kitchen.
Crush the Golden Oreos into small crumbs. If you have a food processor or salad shooter this step is fast and easy. In our house we put the cookies in a gallon zipper bag and crush with a wooden rolling-pin. Takes more time, but the kids think it is fun!
In a large bowl mix the softened cream cheese and Oreos using a mixer.
Next melt your chocolate according to the package directions.
Roll the Oreo mixture into 1 inch balls, dip them in the melted chocolate, and lay the dipped balls on wax paper to cool.
After the chocolate cools add snowman face features to 1/3 of the white chocolate balls. Also add buttons or other shirt details to another 1/3 of the balls (we forgot this step!)
Stick one toothpick through the middle ball and up through the snowman’s head. Don’t stick it so far through that it comes out of the top, only go about half way into the snowman’s head. Next stick another toothpick through the bottom of the snowman, and up through the middle ball.
- Golden Oreos (or store brand golden sandwich cookies)
- 8oz block of cream cheese
- white melting chocolate
- edible food markers
- Crush the Golden Oreos into crumbs.
- In a large box mix golden Oreos and room temperature cream cheese together.
- Roll cream cheese Oreo mixture into one inch balls.
- Dip balls into melted white chocolate and lay on wax paper to cool.
- After the chocolate has cooled, draw snowman features on to the chocolate balls.
- Using 2 toothpicks per snowman, attach the 3 chocolate balls to make a snowman. Stick one toothpick through the bottom and middle pieces, and the other through the face and middle.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 1592mgCarbohydrates: 17gSugar: 12gProtein: 36g