Celebrating the fall season is a great way to enjoy time together as a family. You may be stuck at home this fall, but that doesn’t mean your family can’t have some fun!
There are tons of great ways to enjoy the beauty of fall without ever leaving your own backyard.
These 30 ideas for your at home bucket list are some of the best ways to have fun this fall.
Fall Fun at Home Bucket List
Creating a bucket list for your kids is a great way to make fall fun – especially if you’re practicing social distancing and don’t plan on heading out to enjoy traditional fall activities, like going to the pumpkin patch or visiting the apple orchard. Here are some ways to have fall fun without leaving your yard:
- Rake leaves and play in the leaf piles.
- Make apple or pumpkin pie.
- Collect items from nature, like leaves, sticks and acorns, then create a fun craft.
- Take a family photo in the backyard.
- Make a bonfire in your backyard and roast marshmallows.
- Collect leaves from the ground and try to match them to the trees in your yard.
- Have an animal scavenger hunt to find as many animals in your backyard as you can.
- Make a birdfeeder for all the birds in your yard.
- Use items from nature, like leaves and sticks, as paint brushes to create fun works of art.
- Make your own Halloween costume out of items in your house.
- Make your own caramel apples.
- Have a fall picnic in your backyard.
- Host a family game night in your living room.
- Have a Halloween movie marathon at home.
- Carve a jack-o-lantern and display it on your front porch.
- Lay on blankets and look at the stars.
- Make homemade hot chocolate or apple cider.
- Have a backyard campout before the weather gets too cold.
- Make a list of everything you’re thankful for.
- Try a new fall recipe with help from everyone in the family.
- Gather items from your kitchen to donate to the local food pantry.
- Roast pumpkin seeds.
- Help a neighbor by raking their leaves or clearing the debris off their front porch.
- Make a BOO gift for your neighbor and leave it on their porch.
- Play a game of touch football or kickball in your backyard.
- Watch a video online to learn a new skill as a family.
- Decorate your house for Halloween.
- Make a big pot of chili for dinner.
- Go bobbing for apples.
- Dress up your family pet for Halloween.
What will your family do first?