How to Make Rainbow Waffles
Rainbow waffles are a fun and festive breakfast idea. These colorful rainbow waffles are perfect for brunch, birthday parties, sleepovers, ‘brinner’, or for St. Patrick’s Day breakfast. All your kids will adore a fun breakfast of rainbow waffles!
You won’t believe how easy it is to make these super cute rainbow waffles! Whether you are looking for a fun birthday breakfast or a festive St. Patrick’s Day dessert, these colorful waffles are sure to delight!
Rainbow themed foods are perfect for birthday parties and St. Patrick’s Day. After a breakfast of rainbow waffles, be sure to make these fun rainbow Rice Krispie treats for snack and these rainbow marshmallow pops for dessert!
If you are celebrating St. Patricks day with rainbow foods, you’ll also love these Pot of Gold Cupcakes!
Big Family Blessings is reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
How to make Rainbow Waffles
- melted butter
- all-purpose flour (gluten free 1:1 flour can be substituted for all purpose flour in this recipe)
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- americolor gel color
In a medium bowl whisk together milk, egg, vanilla and melted butter.
Next, sift in the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Whisk the ingredients together until well combined.
Separate the batter into small bowls with about one half a cup of batter in each bowl.
Add one drop of gel color to each bowl using rainbow colors. We used yellow, orange, red, and blue for our waffles.
Mix the gel coloring in until the batter is fully blended.
Add the rainbow colors to piping bags.
Pipe the colors in lines in a waffle maker.
We used a mini waffle maker for our rainbow waffles. You can use a full size waffle maker, especially if you’d like to use more than four colors for your rainbow waffles.
Close the waffle maker and allow the waffle to cook.
Remove the waffle and repeat the process with the rest of the waffle batter.
Serve the waffles with your favorite syrup and breakfast foods!
These delicious rainbow waffles are the perfect way to make any morning super special!
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose or gluten free 1:1 flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 drop of each americolor gel color
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk, egg, vanilla and melted butter.
- Sift in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk together until combined.
- Remove ½ cup batter into multiple bowls
- Add one drop of gel color to each bowl
- Mix until fully saturated.
- Add colors to piping bags for ease (optional)
- Layer in the colors into the waffle iron and bake
- Remove, serve with syrup and enjoy!
Gel colors are required for this recipe to achieve the vibrant rainbow coloring.